Follow the steps below before joining your first class meeting.
This online course requires internet access. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that you have adequate equipment and internet connection.
- Participation will be via your computer (PC or Mac), with interactive audio, video and chat. Tablets and phones may not display all of your classmates on one screen, and are not recommended.
- Classes meet online using Zoom, a web-based video conferencing platform. Participants must download Zoom onto their computer before the first class meeting (see below).
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (WiFi)
- Audio and video – the built-in speakers, microphone and webcam on your computer are usually sufficient
- Optional – USB plug-in or wireless speakers, microphone, or webcam
- Recommended – headphones or earphones/earbuds to enhance sound quality and reduce feedback noise
- Get all system requirements on the Zoom website here
- Download Zoom by clicking on https://zoom.us/download
- Join a Test Meeting on Zoom, at https://zoom.us/test
- Test your camera and microphone at https://zoom.us/test
- Test your headphones/earphones with the computer you will be using
Useful Zoom Links
- Zoom Home Page
- Zoom System Requirements
- Zoom Download Page
- Zoom Test MeetingPDF_Technology Requirements
- Zoom Support Center
If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Download a PDF of this page