Welcome, CE Applicant!
Get information about CE participation, policies, and the CE fee on this page.
Register for CE participation and credit on this page.
CE applicants shall follow the steps on this page.
1. Read and understand the rules for CE participation
This page contains important information about obtaining continuing education (CE) credit in an 8-Week Course in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) with StressCare. Please read it very carefully, as you are responsible for abiding by these rules in order to receive CE credit. If rules are not followed correctly, we are not permitted to grant you CE credit. These rules have been established by our co-sponsor, the Spiritual Competency Resource Center and its governing bodies.
- Please direct questions about these rules for CE participation to Karin Pfluger, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct questions about CE to the Spiritual Competency Resource Center, attn: David Lukoff, PhD, at CE@spiritualcompetency.com, or visit www.spiritualcompetency.com.
2. Verify your eligibility
Eligible participants may earn 25 hours of CE credit upon completion of an 8-Week MBSR Course according to the rules for CE participation in this document, including the accreditation guidelines below. CE credit is provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center which co-sponsors this program. CE accreditations:
- The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SCRC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credit for LCSW, LPCC, LEP and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and LMFTs from states other than California must check with their state licensing board for approval.
3. Abide by the class participation requirements
Participants wanting CE credit must comply with sign-in, attendance, class participation and completion rules. Failure to comply with the rules means the participant will not receive CE credit for the course.
CE participants are required to complete all homework assignments, come to class prepared, participate in class discussions to the best of their ability, raise questions and concerns in a timely way with the instructor, and complete all reading assignments in the book Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn. CE participants are expected to explore their stressors, look honestly at emergent life issues, apply mindfulness with sincerity, and share their observations in class discussions.
4. Abide by the attendance rules
Participants must sign in at the beginning of each class or retreat on the designated SCRC CE Sign-in Sheet within the first 15 minutes of the class or retreat. If you arrive later than 15 minutes after class start time, you will not receive CE credit for the course. If you leave for the day without having signed in, even if you were in attendance that day, you will not receive CE credit for the course. Early departure from a class or retreat is not permitted.
Each participant may miss one single regular 2.5-hour class meeting (due to illness, emergency, or necessary travel) and still get 25 hours of CE credit for the course. Otherwise, full attendance is expected for CE participants. CE participants who miss more than one class meeting may elect to schedule a private make-up class with Karin Pfluger at $60/hour, payable by check or cash at the time of the appointment. Private make-up classes will cover identical material to the regular class that was missed, and must include an identical number of live instruction hours.
Please direct questions about private make-up classes to Karin Pfluger at email@example.com.
3. Abide by the refund policy
There is no refund of the CE fee within 14 days of your first class meeting. If you do not complete the course, change your mind, or otherwise become ineligible for credit, there is no refund of the CE fee. There is no partial CE credit for partial attendance.
6. Register for CE participation and credit
Eligible applicants shall take the following steps to register for CE participation and 25 hours of CE credit:
- The applicant shall notify StressCare by email of their intention to register as a CE participant.
- The applicant shall print a CE Registration Form, and bring the completed form to their first 8-Week Course meeting (the orientation), along with a check for the CE fee, made out to StressCare.
- The applicant shall register online for their chosen 8-Week MBSR Course.
The CE fee is $150.00
7. Complete a CE Assessment and Evaluation Form
CE Assessment and Evaluation Forms will be distributed in the final class meeting, and CE participants will be required to complete this form before the end of the final class. Evaluation forms may not be taken home, nor out of the classroom.
8. Get final approval for a CE Certificate of Attendance
Upon completion of the CE Assessment and Evaluation Form, and review and approval by StressCare, eligible CE participants will receive a Spiritual Competency Resource Center CE Certificate of Attendance for 25 live hours of CE, within one week after the end of their course.
Thank you for your time and attention, and for your interest in learning mindfulness-based stress reduction.
We look forward to working with you.