Follow the steps below before joining your first class meeting.
Give yourself ample time to read and prepare, so you can successfully join the online classes. We look forward to seeing you “there”!
1. Set up your computer
- Set up your computer and download Zoom – learn more here.
- Headphones or earphones/earbuds are recommended.
2. Set up your space
- Choose a space where you will be undisturbed.
- You will need floor space for the yoga, walking, and lying-down meditations. Space for walking should be at minimum the length of a yoga mat.
- Set up a comfortable seat in front of your device so your face will be visible on screen, and lit from the front, if possible.
3. Bring the following to each class meeting:
- Yoga mat, camping mat, or thick blanket for the floor
- Light blanket to cover the body
- Pillows for support
- Water (hydration)
- Journal, homework pages, and writing instrument
- Optional: Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
4. Be present
- Set aside this time to be fully present for class. Consider leaving your cell phone in another room. Rest inside yourself!
5. Join the class meeting
- Join the class from your email link, or from the Zoom website using the class Meeting ID – get details here.
6. Etiquette during class
- Classes begin and end promptly. Join the meeting a few minutes early, and remain in the “Waiting Room” until the teacher starts the class and lets you in. It is important to be on time.
- Join with video and audio. Your microphone will be muted upon entry – do not unmute your mic. When you are muted you can still hear everything that is going on.
- Acquaint yourself with the controls: Mute/Unmute, Video On/Off, Raise Hand, Chat, and GalleryView/SpeakerView.
- Keep your microphone muted and your video on during class.
- Use Gallery View.
- Use the Chat function sparingly.
- In class discussions, raise your (real) hand to let the teacher know you want to talk. When the teacher calls on you, unmute yourself. When you are done speaking, mute yourself again.
- If you need to leave your spot for a moment or for a bio-break, turn your video off. When you return and are settled in your seat, turn on your video. Keep yourself muted.
7. “For Current Students” info page
- This is a password-protected page for current students, which gives you access to the StressCare Workbook, Guided Meditation Audio, and other info for your course. You’ll get a password from your instructor after the first online class meeting (Orientation).
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
Download a PDF of this page