Due to the COVID outbreak, this in-person program is suspended
Begin the compassionate practice of mindfulness
- Are you new to meditation and mindfulness?
Does your schedule prevent you from joining a multi-week class?
Are you wanting to restart your practice?
Get launched in three meetings
Get practical tools and shift your life perspective in a supportive and inspiring 3-session program.
Mindfulness Essentials includes a Friday evening orientation, a full Saturday, and follow-up Saturday morning session to solidify what you learn.
You will experience and explore mindfulness, forge a deeper connection to yourself and others, get building blocks to launch an authentic and inspired mindfulness practice, and set the foundation for well-being for a lifetime.
We are surrounded by wonders – computers in our pockets and more comforts and pleasures than we can count. But unhappiness persists – we suffer from anxiety, stress, and minds that won’t stop churning. Genuine happiness can be elusive.
Feeling whole, even for a moment, nourishes us on a deep level
Mindfulness shows us a new way of relating to the “full catastrophe” of our lives. It is a way of responding, a way of seeing deeply, and ultimately a way of living that connects us to our fundamental wholeness, our deepest inner resource – a wellspring of positive energy.
You will learn through your own experience
- The building blocks for well-being
- How to relax your “doing” and live in your “being”
- How to be present—open, curious, warm-hearted and resourceful
- How to dissolve the grip of stress
- How to handle the churning mind
- How to meditate – sitting, walking, lying down
- Mindful breathing
- Mindfulness in daily life
- The healing attitudes of mindfulness
- What it means to turn towards happiness, and how to do it
- Read more about mindfulness and well-being
Mindfulness Essentials features a Saturday session and two 2.5-hour classes
The program meets on a Friday evening plus a full day on Saturday, and a follow-up Saturday morning one week later. The program is designed for commuting from home and does not include overnight stays.
- Friday evening 2.5-hour class (orientation)
- Saturday 8-hour day of instruction and practice
- Saturday morning 2.5-hour class (follow-up)
- One week of home assignments up to one hour daily
- Guided meditation, group discussion, group exercises, and teacher guidance
- All instructional materials, including Audio for guided meditations
- Recommended reading in Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn (book not included)
- Thirteen instruction hours
- Tuition based on household income
Bring yourself as you are
Anyone can learn the practices and techniques that we teach. You can apply what you have learned anytime you need it. You will be encouraged to adopt a long-term practice routine that sustains and grows with you. Bring yourself as you are – with your aspirations, needs, doubts, and questions!
There is a new territory, previously unknown to you or only vaguely suspected, which contains a veritable wellspring of positive energy for self-understanding and healing.
The path to it in any moment lies no farther than your own body and mind, and your own breathing. This territory is always accessible, independent of your problems.
–Jon Kabat-Zinn, Full Catastrophe Living
Early registration is recommended
Our teachers are highly skilled, long-term mindfulness practitioners and educators. Our methods in mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) complement medical treatments, psychotherapy, body work and physical therapy. At StressCare we do not provide medical treatment or psychotherapy of any kind. Please seek the assistance of a physician or healer of your choice for your medical and therapeutic care.