NEW: A Compact Training in Mindfulness
Does your schedule prevent you from joining a multi-week class?
We invite you to join a Mindfulness Now weekend
Get a concentrated weekend of mindfulness instruction, learning, practice and application, in a supportive environment, to give you the building blocks of well-being for a lifetime. There will be a follow-up meeting to solidify what you learned. The training schedule is compact, but not hurried, with time for rest and good nourishment.
- The weekend features a day-long session at Green Gulch Farm Retreat Center in Marin, with a delicious vegetarian lunch and time outdoors. All other meetings are held in a centrally-located, comfortable classroom in Orinda.
- Team taught by Karin Pfluger and David Weinberg. Karin and David have decades of meditation and teaching experience – they both know the ropes! Register
We are surrounded by wonders – computers in our pockets and more comforts and pleasures than we can count. But unhappiness persists – we suffer from anxiety, stress, and minds that won’t stop churning. Genuine happiness can be elusive.
Feeling whole, even for a moment, nourishes us on a deep level
Mindfulness shows us a new way of relating to the “full catastrophe” of our lives. It is a way of responding, a way of seeing deeply, and ultimately a way of living that connects us to our fundamental wholeness, our deepest inner resource – a “wellspring of positive energy”.
You will learn through your own experience
- The building blocks for well-being
- How to relax your “doing” and live in your “being”
- How to be present—open, curious, warm-hearted and resourceful
- How to dissolve the grip of stress
- How to handle the churning mind
- How to meditate – sitting, walking, lying down
- The art of mindful breathing
- The art of mindfulness in daily life
- The healing attitudes of mindfulness
- What it means to turn towards happiness, and how to do it
- Read more about mindfulness and well-being
Mindfulness Now includes two all-day sessions and two 2.5-hour classes
You will need to set aside one weekend (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday) and a follow-up Saturday morning in order to participate fully. The program is designed for commuting from home and does not include overnight stays. Partial attendance is not permitted.
- Friday evening 2.5-hour class
- Saturday 8-hour day of instruction and practice
- Sunday 8-hour day of instruction, practice, rest, and vegetarian lunch (Green Gulch Farm)
- Saturday morning 2.5-hour class
- One week of home assignments of about one hour daily
- Guided meditation, group discussion, group exercises, and teacher guidance
- All instructional materials, including Audio for guided meditations
- Recommended reading in Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn (book not included)
- Total instruction hours: 21
- Program fee: $695
The wellspring of positive energy
Anyone can learn the practices and techniques that we teach. You can apply what you have learned anytime you need it. You will be encouraged to adopt a long-term practice routine that sustains and grows with you. Bring yourself as you are – with your aspirations, needs, doubts, and questions!
There is a new territory, previously unknown to you or only vaguely suspected, which contains a veritable wellspring of positive energy for self-understanding and healing.
The path to it in any moment lies no farther than your own body and mind, and your own breathing. This territory is always accessible, independent of your problems.
–Jon Kabat-Zinn, Full Catastrophe Living
Early registration is recommended
Our teachers are highly skilled, long-term mindfulness practitioners and educators. Our methods in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) complement medical treatments, psychotherapy, body work and physical therapy. At StressCare we do not provide medical treatment or psychotherapy of any kind. Please seek the assistance of a physician or healer of your choice for your medical care.