For inquiries and appointments
Karin offers Mindfulness 1-on-1 for private coaching in mindfulness and stress reduction fundamentals – and Alumni Sessions for further guidance after the basic program.
Private coaching is available to individuals or pairs (friends, partners, parent-and-youth) who want a flexible schedule and personalized guidance. Alumni Sessions are open to people who have completed Mindfulness 1-on-1 or at least one StressCare course.
A private MBSR course for individuals and pairs
Mindfulness 1-on-1 is based on the 8-Week Course in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), customized to fit individual circumstances. It includes a one-hour orientation meeting, ten 90-minute coaching sessions, and access to a six-hour StressCare All-day Retreat. About MBSR
Are you ready?
People who benefit most from mindfulness coaching are ready (ready enough!) to make a significant personal commitment to their healing. Between lessons, there are daily home assignments of about one hour. The home practice is essential to the work.
There is effort… but no need to struggle. It’s challenging, but everyone, regardless of limitations, can do it.
Contact Karin with questions or to schedule an orientation. An orientation can help you decide if this approach is right for you.
You will learn through your own experience:
- How to recognize a stress cycle, and how to stop it
- Stress myths versus reality
- Mindfulness meditation while sitting, walking, and lying down
- How to apply mindfulness in daily life
- How to use mindful breathing and body awareness
- Gentle movement adapted to your needs
- How mindfulness can help you
What are the benefits?
- Reduced chronic stress and pain
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Relaxation physically and mentally
- Stress relief in the moment
- Mood regulation and resilience
- Enhanced immune function
- Development of generosity toward yourself and others
- Improved capacity to think clearly and act decisively
- Methods to get the most out of medical treatment and psychotherapy
- More about well-being
- The results of MSBR
What to expect in Mindfulness 1-on-1
- Begin with a one-hour orientation meeting
- Attend ten subsequent 90-minute sessions (weekly is recommended, when possible)
- Engage in an array of mindfulness practices through daily home assignments
- Attend a StressCare All-day Retreat (six hours, on a Saturday)
- Get StressCare Workbook and Guided Meditations (included)
- Read Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Full Catastrophe Living (optional-book not included)
- Detailed receipt is available upon completion
- The whole training includes 16 instruction hours, plus 6 retreat hours
- Continue your practice with Karin or in a StressCare Alumni program, if desired
In the orientation, we will review your objectives, stressors affecting you, health issues, and other factors to establish the best approach. I will introduce you to the basic strategies of MBSR.
MBSR is experiential learning. We will practice and thoroughly explore the MBSR curriculum over the next ten lessons. You will learn mindfulness and stress reduction fundamentals and how they relate to your life.
Meetings at this level are for people who have completed at least one StressCare course. Working closely with the instructor, alumni sessions unfold as an ongoing response to the questions that develop in your life and practice. Space is limited.
Tuition and Fees
Pre-scheduled and Pre-paid: $1200 individuals, $1440 pairs (orientation, ten meetings, retreat)
Flexibly scheduled and completely customized: $85/hour for individuals, $100/hour for pairs
StressCare Alumni Sessions:
Mindfulness and Meditation: $60/hour for individuals, $75/hour for pairs
Contact Karin for more information.
Karin Pfluger, RA, SEP, teaches the StressCare 8-Week Course in mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) and a StressCare post-program course, Song of Silence. Karin gives talks and leads retreats for physicians, physician-referred patients, and the general public. She works with people individually to learn mindfulness and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
Karin began teaching MBSR at StressCare in 2005 after clinical training with David Weinberg in StressCare’s internship program, and training with Jon Kabat-Zinn and his associates in Center for Mindfulness West Coast programs. She is a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner for body-centered trauma healing since 2008. She is the Director and a lead teacher at StressCare.
Karin has practiced meditation since 1997 in the Soto and Koan Zen traditions, and studies body and earth centered healing. Karin is a novice-ordained Soto Zen Priest. She is a Registered Architect in California (her first career) and a mother. Karin is devoted to the healing path and helping her students discover and trust their intrinsic wholeness.
Mindfulness coaching includes experiential, guided lessons in mindfulness and stress reduction adapted from the 8-Week Course in MBSR developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Mindfulness coaching complements your medical treatments, psychotherapy, body work or physical therapy. Coaching with Karin does not include medical treatment or psychotherapy of any kind.